1 a sign of something about to happen; "he looked for an omen before going into battle" [syn: omen, portent, presage, prognostic, prodigy]
3 knowledge of the future (usually said to be obtained from a divine source) [syn: prophecy, vaticination]
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- A statement about or prior knowledge of the future.
- There are many who believe wholeheartedly in Nostradamus' many prognostications.
Prognosis is a doctor's prediction about a disease.
Prognosis may also refer to:
- Prediction, a statement or claim that a particular event will occur in the future
- Prognostics, an engineering discipline focused on predicting the future condition or estimating remaining useful life of a component and/or system of components
- Precognition, the psychic ability to perceive information about future places or events before they happen
- Fortune-telling, predicting the future, usually of an individual
- Divination, the practice of ascertaining information from supernatural sources